The main goal of the Bebras Task Workshop is to bring together Informatics experts from different countries for discussion and development of tasks to be used for the challenge over a year in all 68 Bebras countries. The workshop will also include the plenary talks, group leaders’ meetings, general meetings and discussions.
This year we hope to organize an onsite event after 2 years of online participation. Please try your best to come onsite.
Preparing for the workshop for onsite participants
Register for participation. Prepare to bring your laptop that is able to support the proper tools: latest version of LibreOffice, an SVN client and maybe a vector graphic editing app.
You may check visa requirements at our Ministry of Foreign Affairs page, and please double check with your national Ministry.
The venue of the event is Hotel Sirius.
Covid specific requirements for onsite participants
By the decision of the Government from 19.04.2022 no certificates are required to enter the country.
Previously, all travelers ages eighteen and older entering and exiting North Macedonia had to provide one of the following documents:
- Vaccination certificate with two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine;
- Negative PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to travel;
- Negative rapid antigen test taken within 48 hours prior to travel; or
- Certificate of COVID-19 recovery issued within the previous 180 days, counting from the day of recovery.
Preparing for the workshop for online participants
Register for participation. You will need to have the following installed and running:
- An up-to-date computer.
- A working microphone.
- If possible a webcam.
- A proper up-to-date web browser.
- An SVN client (except for guests or representatives without SVN access).
- Latest version of LibreOffice.
- A proper text editor for HTML source code editing.
- Client software for our video conferencing tool for the working groups.
- Client software for our video conferencing tool for the plenaries.
- An account and either an app or web-access to Zulip.
- Access to a UTC clock.
- If you’ll be working with graphics, consider installing Inkscape.
Working groups for online participants
Development of tasks will be done in working groups. Each group will be led by a leader. Your group leader will contact you in advance about the group’s schedule. The leader will also be available to answer any questions you have during the workshop regarding tasks, task improvements and practical aspects of the working groups.
Macedonian Bebras team
Prof. Mile Jovanov (President of Computer Society of Macedonia /Representative in the Bebras Board)
In case of any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Bebras”.